Sunday 8 November 2015

The Car Seat


Ah Day 5.  Daddy starts the day by asking mommy when the second feeding was…”1 am?  I don’t think I woke up” .  Another lesson is learned…never assume mom went to sleep and managed to wake up for a feeding.  I quickly find out that mom was awake from 10 to almost 2 am and offer anything in the world she wants for breakfast.   “dig upwards stupid”

Today’s adventure is a trip to the clinic to check up on Chloé’s weight and overall health.  Easy peasy, just need to get some lunch ready while mom gets ready... I end up eating while sitting on the floor and entertaining Chloé.  And now to put her in the car seat just like the nurse showed us…oh crap.  Where do the legs go?  Let’s try that again….crap, Chloé is crying…maybe my wife remembers and oh no, tears from her as well as she can't figure it out.  Everyone breathe and relax, Dan can do this, I know I can, and  YES!  He pulls it off! Now calm momma down and get her on the road.  Men, you will be constantly impressed by what your wife goes through during the labour and then when she becomes a mom so constantly remind her.  She will not know how great she has been and she frets over the things that you find small with the baby.  She will have these moments of frustration, so just help her and talk her through them.

This is also a great time for another sidebar, as much as we failed with the car seat it will not compare to my failure while putting together the stroller.  Rewind a couple months ago, the stroller had sat in a box for a few days and baby momma was out of the house so I decided to try to put it together and surprise her.  Pretty easy until we arrived to the back wheels, I just couldn't get the first one in.  So I wrapped my hand around it and attempted to slide it in and OH MY the pain!  It seems there was a lock on the wheel which my palm hit and the wheel immediately slid in with my weight behind it onto my finger.  It jammed my ring finger nail and caused days of pain, x-rays proofed there were no broken bones but I ended up at emergency a few days later where they poked a hole through my nail to drain it and relieve the pressure.  Future dad of the year potential right here...


The appointment itself, you ask?  It goes great, our little girl has been feeding well and is regaining the birth weight!  Momma is rewarded with a nap (obviously after another feeding) and Chloé goes to sleep in her swing while daddy watches and…closes his eyes and gets 10 minutes of shut eye.

What a great day, I'm enjoying this little bundle of joy and her ability to be pretty quiet and peaceful, this will obviously go on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment