Tuesday 3 November 2015

Oh hi there

*this was written on the night following baby-girl's birth*
I'm suppose to be sleeping and getting rest but I can't comprehend how I feel.  

Early this morning, my warrior wife gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl named ChloĆ© Margaret Julien.  I know, Everyone's kid is the most beautiful in their eyes right?  But you should see this girl, she stole my heart.

Now I'm lying here after an hour power nap, watching her sleep and being overwhelmed with emotion.  I don't know where to start...

Let's start with Facebook.  I know...weird, but I just made a candid photo of me giving her a kiss my profile pic.  It replaced a picture of myself and the family dog, Moka who passed away suddenly just a few weeks ago.  A dog is a man's best friend , but this dog was so much more for our family during an especially difficult time in 07-08.  He was our therapist and the one that could bring a smile on our faces.  Ironically, in the Alanis Morisette way, the last time I saw him, one of the last things I told my parents was how I couldn't wait to see him interact with this little girl.

So my hope is to entertain , educate and well probably help you kill time on the john.  And obviously keep these memories for my sake and ChloĆ© 's. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment